Brace yourselves, people, I've been... KNITTING!

It's outrageous, I know. I'm basically a traitor to the crochet community. But the fact is, I got myself knocked up (intentionally, I should probably add), and I started making a few crochet things, but soon even I had to accept that knitting has the edge over crochet when it comes to clothes.

But knitted toys still aren't as good as crochet ones. Which is probably why the "knitted character" on Harry Hill's TV Burp is clearly crocheted and should be renamed immediately.

Anyway, that was an unplanned side-rant and I should probably move on before I start getting foam bubbles round my mouth.

So, here's something I still haven't finished crocheting.


And here's the same thing, made by my crochet-whizz of a mother.


And this is the point that I got bored of crocheting trebles round and round and picked up the needles.

As you can see, my first attempt at knitting is a little bit iffy. There are clearly some errors in there. However, it turns out that one of the things that has always bored me about knitting was the simple fact that I always knitted scarves because I didn't know how to make anything else.

And knitting up and down is as dull as crocheting trebles round and round.

But once I'd actually decided to work out a pattern, it turned out to be surprisingly fun. And now I know how to pick up a stitch (why did no one tell me it was so easy - I used to unpick it all!) and do some basic stuff, I'm 2 jumpers, a cardie, and a nearly-finished cardie the richer.


I'll upload proper photos once I locate the memory card I took them on. But rest assured they're a lot less dodgy than my first cardie. Plus, I actually made sure I had enough wool to finish the pattern - unlike this red one with the dash of "oh crap I've run out of wool, this will have to do" blue.

Comments

Congratulations on being 'knocked up' and welcome to the dark side. I love knitting baby clothes.