Dork Adore: Lovely Things for Geeks (including craftsters)

So, not only have I been busy knitting, growing a human from scratch and packing up to move house, I've also been working away at a brand new pet project: Dork Adore.

It's basically a geek haven, designed to have a category for nearly every area of the internet that dorks adore. And, of course, it goes without saying that there's a craft section.

Recent posts include:
  • Regretsy: The good, the bad, and the seriously ugly
  • Where the Wild Things Are amigurumi crochet patterns
  • Lafayette’s True Blood afghan crochet pattern
  • Bella’s Twilight mittens – free knitting pattern

  • I'm very proud of my new site, and I'm also blown away by the number of lovely writers who have given their time to what is basically a labour of love.

    Lots of ex-Shiny writers are on board, including Susi Weaser (my successor as editor of Shiny Shiny), Gemma Cartwright, Robyn Wilder and Anna Waits.

    I've also had world-famous children's author, Alex Milway (he's my husband, I'm allowed to be biased. Buy his books!) and Gemma's other half, Charles, who has written a hotly debated piece about Twilight and how rubbish it is.

    And last but by no means least, my wondrous editorial assistant who works for my company, Miramus - Emma Cossey.

    Anyway, have a look at the site, and let me know what you think. And if you're a crafty person and have any tips (or want to write!) you can get in touch over on Dork Adore.

    Comments